Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring has Sprung Minna Blouse

The week before last here in good old Canada was ridiculously warm, like 20 degrees above normal, which should have inspired me to finish this blouse earlier.  But instead I waited until it was 2 degrees to finish and wear it!


Yet it is actually spring now (note the beginnings of plants amongst the old leaves in my still to be cleaned flower beds behind me), so I say this blouse is to celebrate spring regardless of the temperature!   I actually had to wear it with a sweater, boots and my purple tights.  The whole combo isn't to much, is it?


I saw this pattern via good ol Pinterest a while ago, and knew I had to try it.  It had cute sleeves and was a loser fit, which saves me some of the fitting woes I have tailoring things down to fit my tiny self.

It's the Minna Blouse from Salme Patterns, and it's a pretty good one!  It was pretty straight forward, although it was the first time I sewed something where I had to add in the seam allowances.  That went fine, except I didn't realize you had to add 1.5 inches to the bottom seam, not just the normal .5 inches, whoops!  But it's plenty long enough, probably because I actually added in 1 inch to the main bodice to accommodate my tallness.  I also had to redo the front pleat, for some reason I had made it half the required width and from reading the pattern again, I'm not sure if it was me or the pattern.  Easily fixable regardless


But anyway, I like the little sleeves, and it's pretty easy wearing.  I'm not much of a blouse wearer, but it just might be something I'd make again.  As perhaps indicated by my ridiculous smile in the photo below, yeesh!


I do rather like this fabric though, previously used to make two scarves (one seen here) and originally intended for a dress I never made, I think it is just nice and soft/drapy enough for this.

And it will be my first ever entry into Rae's Spring Top Sewalong! yay!

Anyone one else sewing spring tops yet?


6 comments:

  1. Oh so so lovely. Love that fabric especially the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So nice! Awesome job! Mag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The style and the fabric are both great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric is so, so cute and the blouse looks simply adorable on you!
    My first spring top is underway. Warmer weather always seems to inspire sewing projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blogs and your old dress looks simple yet cool. I will recommend this to my friend. Thank you.

    You can also click here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...