I bought some of this fabric at my local chain store because I LOVED the Rudolph cartoon as a kid, and my son loves it now too. I figured I'd make like a pillow or something, so I just got a meter of it.
But then I thought, maybe I could make a dress! I thought a bit, and wondered if maybe Made by Rae's new Ruby dress might fit the bill as it didn't need much of the main fabric. Sure it calls for more than a meter, but with some careful cutting (it's the Dutch part of me) and since I only needed to cut an XS, it was JUST enough.
I paired it with some blue cotton and bingo. Only one problem remained, this dress is NOT accessible for my eager nursing babe. So I thought, can I just add a button placket. Not too hard, just cut the front bodice in half at the centre and lengthened each side a few inches so I could make a placket. I still finished it with bias tape (although the wider stuff was all I had on hand) It's not perfect by any means, but as Christmas dress that won't get worn very often, it was ok.
The final issue was that the top bodice is NOT long enough to access the girls. So I slit the skirt down 3 inches in the centre front, rolled a tiny hem and top stitched it. With the gathers in front it isn't obvious, but gives a bit more room. If I make this again (which I likely will as it's a quick sew even with the changes) I'd go down another inch, add a proper facing (I just zig zagged around the bottom of the V, but it'll give out with repeated use.) and a small snap or so as it may gap if longer.
So now we're ready for Christmas! (please excuse me while I finish sewing three more gifts)