So it's 2012 now. Wow, 2011 has flown by!
But it has been fun. Since my sister forwarded me a link to Made by Rae's Big Butt Baby Pants back in January, I discovered the awesome wide world of internet sewers, and subsequently renewed my love of sewing, and started this here little blog.
So, inspired by Sophie's lovely post here and Jessica of "a little gray"'s The Year in Sewing, here are the highlights from my year in sewing (with a little knitting added in)!
It's nice to see it all laid out, when you're just doing a project here and there it doesn't necessarily feel like you've accomplished that much, but by recording in on a blog and gathering it up in a collage, you realize you did! And the collage above isn't even quite everything!
So 2011 made me more confident in my sewing. It felt real nice to know my sister and mom (who has been sewing for decades and decades) were proud and impressed by the growth of my sewing abilities and my endeavours!
To sum up the year in sewing:
- I discovered the awesome world/community of sewers on the 'net
- I learned more about sewing with knits
- Got more confident with zippers
- Learned the importance of pressing and pinning and became ok with ripping out seams.
- Making handmade gifts is awesome (I love the process of finding and deciding on projects)
- Oh and I learned to knit!
So what's in store for 2012?
- Get even better at sewing, and tackle more complex patterns.
- Make more adult stuff, particularly dresses (I'm currently obsessed with vintage shirtdress patterns for example) and not be scared of altering a pattern.
- Try some refashioning (I have some of R's (aka Mr. Bear's) clothes just waiting)
- Make more cute things for M of course (aka Squiggles)
- Continue to not buy any new clothing as much as possible (and make things when needed)
So to finish this post off, I just want to add a thanks to all the awesome bloggers/sewers/pattern and tutorial makers etc out in Internet land for sharing all your awesome stuff! Here's to more lovely awesomeness in 2012!