Monday, October 15, 2012

KCWC Days 5-7: Car Pants!

So here it is, the 3rd of 5 planned projects finished within the timelines of KCWC, not too bad right?

Little M is finally outgrowing some of his pants, hence, I needed to make some new ones!  And like many a little boy, he loves cars, so I made car pants.  Shocking, I know.


So I used up more of my precious Echino car fabric, previously used for this hat, and cut out my first pair of the East Pocket Pants from Growing up Sew Liberated.  I like the pattern, it's pretty easy, but cute, things I like in a pattern.  I even did all the details suggested, including the itch free seams, not very lazy of me eh?


I made up the 2T and they, not surprisingly, are still a bit big on my little compact M, but I'm fine with that.  I had to severely shorten the waist elastic and made rolled up the cuff as much as possible.  It's nice to know that he'll have lots of room to grow with them though!


And he likes them, of course, cause there's cars on them.  And just like with his backpack, went around and proclaimed to Daddy that Mama made him pants quite happily.  Makes this sewing mama happy :)


Yikes though, toddlers are hard to photograph, even with cookies.  Add in the fact I have very little daylight these days during the week, and we have slightly blurry and grainy pictures.

Oh well!  That's another KCWC done, with a project list to complete before baby still pretty long!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I really should try this pattern. Love the fabrics together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute! I want to try this pattern once my little guys is big enough, glad to know you liked it. I could draft them down, but I'm too lazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love this pattern (I've made some changes to it to fit my little guy better), and these cars are killer!! The first time I made them, they were super long on my two year old as well, but he grew into them in a flash, and they were in rotation for a really long time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...