But I don't care, who says boys need to look all boyish all the time! The fabric was cute, and I wanted to try out Rae's Charlie Tunic pattern, so I did, and I think it's adorable.
I wanted to make something for Squiggles first day of daycare on Tuesday so I tried to whip this out quickly. Well it was ready for his second day, and I was reminded that I should not try to sew up a new pattern in one evening. I also should make sure I have matching thread. Just using cream that kinda matches seemed like a good idea at the time. "It will add some cute contrast ono the facings I said" And sure it kinda did, but I think if you're going for contrast it's gotta be more "contrasty", and less "looks kind out of placy".
Either way, It was a good trial run for the pattern, It fits Squiggles better then I thought it would, and aside from a few trickier aspects (vent facings and sewing down the skinny sleeve seams, ack!) it's relatively straight forward. I have fabric I like a lot more to use for the next one which is more boyish and for which I will buy matching thread for!
But for now enjoy a final blurry picture of Squiggles wearing it with some boyish cargo pants :) (Note: the pictures are questionable because I used my iPhone camera in not so good light. Mr. Bear had the camera and I was anxious to make sure I got some shots before it got dirty and then sat in the wash for a week :)