Thursday, February 9, 2012

Birthday Cardigan for the Mr.

I'm now officially a sewer of men's clothing.  Care of this little cardigan I made for the Mr's birthday.


And, thanks to the walking foot I got from my sister, I really had no issues at all sewing the knit fabric on my regular machine!

Although I was a bit confused by the ribbing, and had some trouble locating decent buttons, it turned out good I think!  And it fit him perfect! And he likes it!


It was made using the free Andrew Cardigan pattern on BurdaStyle.  Pretty easy, although the instructions definitely were not the clearest.  I did add 1.5 inches to the length as reviews indicated it was a bit on the short side.  But my main issue was the ribbing for the cuffs and bottom.  It was way to wide initially (cut using the pattern piece) but after hacking of an inch or two, it fit the bottom edge and sleeves with a bit of stretching to gave the desired effect.  I'm thinking the pattern just forgot to tell me I was maybe supposed to stretch it when cutting maybe?

Meh, it worked out in the end, and I think it will get lots of wear!

3 comments:

  1. Well doesn't he look dashing in his manligan! So big congrats to you, not just attempting 'having a go' at knits but making this totally awesome cardigan. It looks store bought Miss OHM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, ohh manligan, possibly the best clothing name ever. Hmmm and now that I think about it, I may just have to make a matching mini manligan for the little one! Knits no scare me no more fo sure!

      Delete
  2. This was such a nice post and I had a great post reading this. Thank you for bringing this with us.

    Khear of house for sale in cavite

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...