Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sewing Famous, Kitchen Curtains and a Sweater!

Not much sewing these days, I think I'm not inspired to make anything aside from the dress for Julia Bobbin's Mad Man challenge.  And my pattern has not yet arrived.  Should I be worried?  I suspect it will be here this week.

In the interim, a few things have been happening, including this!


Yes, that's right, my birthday cardigan for the Mr. was featured as Project of the Week on Burdastyle's front page!  Woo, it sure was odd to go to the site and see ones husband staring back at you!  Pretty cool I say, and I believe I may have a few new followers because of it (welcome!)  I think I may just have to make more things for the Mr., and I have ideas a brewing!

In other sewing news, I finally whipped out these curtains for my kitchen cart to hide some of the clutter.  Sooo dead simple, and yet it's surprising how long it takes to finish such simple things!  Fabric is Alexander Henry's Farmers Market.


Lastly, I finally finished knitting my first sweater!


Turned out ok, although I'd make some changes in hindsight.  It's a bit too short for my taste (although its supposed to be) and I think the shape may make my shoulders look wide.


But I learned a lot!  It's super warm and cozy (maybe too much) as it's made from wool.  But it was a relatively quick knit being soo chunky.  Pattern is the One Button Wonder from Sirdar's Big Softie Knits for Beginners.

Now I think I might go back to spring sewing project planning!

2 comments:

  1. Popping over from pinterest, I love your blog! Congrats on the Burda style feature, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting post.this can be MY OWN 1st time here.i found therefore numerous interesting stuff Utilizing your thread especially your discussion..thanks for its post!
    https://patch.com/new-york/patchogue/choosing-quilting-sewing-machine-thats-right-you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...