Monday, September 22, 2014

8 Days a Week - Neptune Tee

So excited to start sharing my tester versions of the newest Pattern Anthology collection 8 Days a Week!  This collection is basically a wardrobe in one!  A great combination of basics and special pieces.

I thought I'd start of my posts with the Neptune T-shirt!


I usually shy away from sewing basics, like a t-shirt, as I have little time to sew and tend to want to only sew things that I can't easily buy.  BUT this shirt has some awesome details that you can mix up to make a special tee you definitely can't buy!


Ideally this shirt needs a more stable knit, so I sewed mine up in some french terry.  It made for a cozy shirt! I think though, especially if you opt to put other fabric in the triangles to stabilize the bindings you could use any knit! I have my next fabric already picked out!


I hover between a XS and an XXS, and in this case made the XXS.  In hindsight, it's not my best size, given I have broad shoulders for my bust size, so I'm sizing up next time.  Regardless this version is still totally wearable regardless (just pretend you don't see those lines under my arms, ha)!  One of the reasons I love a knit, it stretches!


One thing I particularly like about this pattern is the low/high hem option, I love the look, and the length is just perfect.

So don't forget to go check out the 8 Days a Week collection.  The special bundle deal is only available for a limited time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...