Thursday, July 24, 2014

KCW - Shorts time!

I had plans to make some shorts and tanks for the boys this Kids Clothes Week.  And well. I got the shorts done!   My time yesterday and today has been spent trying to figure out what's wrong with my serger... to no avail.  So I think I'll be sewing up the tanks on my regular machine tomorrow instead!

But, well, I made SHORTS!  Nothing fancy, but I've been meaning to make them shorts with these fabrics for over a year!


First up, some for little E.  These are a modified version of the Quick Change Pants pattern from Anna Maria Horners book Handmade Beginnings.  I didn't make them reversible, and shortened them to shorts length.  I added an inch to the top to account for cloth diaper but and an elastic casing and bingo!


I still made them to long, but I added a huge hem which I could roll up even more to make them fit like this.  They will last a while as his big brother technically fits the width of his Quick Change Pants I made him in the same size years ago!


Oh and the fabric?  Why yes, his but is covered in a small scrap of lion fabric from the new Cotton + Steel line!  And the buses are Kokka linen/cotton, both from Fabrications!  This little boy LOVES buses, he was super excited when he saw them!


Next up?  Radio shorts!  I have had this fabric from over 2 years I think and always planned to make shorts with it.  So I did.  And I have enough for more shorts!


These are the shorts version of the Clean Slate Pants in 4T.  This is a great pattern!  It's available as part of the extended Pattern Anthology Collection as well until this Monday! I just did the basic pants with the pockets, but in the future I totally want to do the welt back pockets and a fly!  I also just ran the elastic through the whole waist band instead of leaving a flat front.  My blue accent fabric was just a thinner quilting cotton which I hadn't interfaced, so it needed something more.



And oh, he seems to like them too!  Although he keeps asking me what the radios are!  Kids these days!



2 comments:

  1. The quick change trouser pattern is probably my most used pattern of all time. Adorable shorts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...